The Town of Indian Shores has licensed professional notary publics who are here to make life easier. After your documents are notarized, we will make you any necessary copies.
Why do documents need to be notarized?
A notary public acts as an impartial third-party witness to not only the signature of a document, but also that all parties who sign a document do so willingly and under their own free will.
Indian Shores Notary Service Policies:
- Notary services are provided free of charge to Indian Shores residents, business owners, and all items related to town business only. The fee of a notary public may not exceed $10 for any one notarial act per F.S. 117.05(2)(a), except as provided in s. 117.045 – Marriages.
- Notary services are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. It is recommended that individuals seeking Notary services contact the Indian Shores Town Hall main office telephone number at 727-595-4020 prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available.
- All individuals seeking Notary services must present valid photo identification such as a driver’s license, state issued ID card or a passport.
- Documents to be notarized must be signed in person before the Notary who will certify the signature.
- Notary services are only available for documents presented in English or with the English translation attached.
- Notary services are NOT available for deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils or depositions or any conveyance of money or property, passports, I-9 forms, or closing documents.
- Notaries shall keep a journal of all Notary services performed.
- Notary services are NOT available to certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy of another record.
- Notary services may be denied and are subject to the foregoing requirements and at the sole discretion of the Notary.
Bring a valid, government issued photo ID with you for notary services.